psoriasis is a common skin disease that affects the life cycle of the skin. Many people feel a question about psoriasis and its treatment, and about psoriasis and its causes. As a result of psoriasis, the cells quickly accumulate on the skin, forming a thick, crust-like color, and some layers that cause itchy skin, red, dry, and dry. Sometimes it may cause pain for the person affected.
What is this disease in detail?
It is a feeling of irritation in the skin, with the appearance of red-colored spots that are visible with the presence of some crusts in silver. The severity of symptoms of psoriasis ranges between mild and severe symptoms. When it occurs, the period of human skin regeneration ranges between 3-7 days, which is in the origin is 3-4 weeks. As the rate of skin cell production increases, which leads to the formation of the skin cells that form, leading to psoriasis. There are so-called psoriasis stimuli, which are some of the factors that cause its irritation, and these factors are:
- Take some types of drugs.
- Psychological crises and stress.
- The skin subjected to friction or insect bites.
- Exposure to a throat infection.
What are the symptoms and types?
Multiple symptoms accompany psoriasis, and the general symptoms are the presence of thick, visible spots characterized by dryness, and covered with some crusts of a silver color. They cause a feeling of itching, and the rest of the symptoms differ according to the type of psoriasis affected by the individual.
Types can state as
In the case of guttate psoriasis, the skin develops some small-sized bumps described as scaly and suddenly turns pink into syphilis. These bumps found in the areas of the trunk, arms, and legs. They may affect the ears, face, and scalp, and this type of psoriasis frequently occurs in categories of Young people and children to whom the sore throat infection has transmitted, for example. It may be that this type of psoriasis not permanent, as symptoms often self-subside without the need to take drug drugs within a few weeks or months, or perhaps after recovery from that infection that caused the disease to appear. Still, it must noted that for some people with symptoms, skin disease symptoms can remain forever.
the infection of this type occupies either the entire scalp or some parts of it. It may reach the ears, the fore of the head, and neck, and in medium cases, spots appear with small size scales. In severe cases, the scalp's skin is dry, and it becomes flaky, as there are some pimples that are red. The burning sensation is felt in the affected part, and there are cases in which the hair of the affected parts falls, but as a non-permanent condition, and the affected person feels a strong desire to scratch the part of the injury, which leads to bleeding.
It is called the psoriasis of the folds. It is characterized by the presence of some patches that are described as being very soft. These patches may cover a layer of white with a color tinged to silver, in the areas of skin folds, such as buttocks bends. They may cause infection with this type of psoriasis in the cracking of the affected area, causing pain; this type of psoriasis can lead to the emergence of bacterial infection.
It is the most common type of psoriasis, and this type is characterized by the appearance of some plaques of thick, visible skin. It may be covered by some light silver crusts that are characterized by drought, and these plaques vary in terms of the distance in which they are found, and these plaques can be combined with Small size together to form large plaques. These plaques are found most often in the elbows, knees, and scalp, but may be found in any other area of the body.
It is a type of psoriasis that rarely affects a person. It has scientifically proven that there is a strong relationship between this type and smoking. That type affects humans in the form of the spread of red spots on the skin. The matter may become more dangerous during several hours, where it is infected, the individual has pus follicles. Those spurs heal within several days, while it may be possible to reappear again in some patients. Pustular psoriasis can sign the patient's severe pain, in addition to some other symptoms, such as headache, muscle weakness, these bumps are found in the fingers, soles of the hands, and feet, but children are less likely to develop pustular psoriasis, as adults always have it.
Psoriasis of the nails
a large percentage of the nails become infected with psoriasis due to the presence of other types of psoriasis in the patient. This percentage reaches 35%, or 86% due to the incidence of psoriatic arthritis, as for the symptoms of nail psoriasis are:
Increased thickening of nails.
Holes of nails.
The color of the nails turns yellow or brown.
Nail separation from its natural place.
This type of psoriasis isn't considered common. Still, it isn't straightforward and can transform the body chemistry, and symptoms of skin-red psoriasis may start to appear suddenly or gradually, and symptoms are as follows:
High heart rate.
The presence of blisters.
The presence of something like burns on the skin.
The difference in temperature in the body.
Strong redness in most areas of the skin, plus a desire to itch with sharp pain.
Significant skin flakes.
Tumor of the skin on the ankles, and a feeling of pain in the joint area.
It is an arthritis disease that may come to those who have psoriasis and has two degrees: either moderate in severity, so it affects four or fewer joints, or more severe multiple joints, and its impact on four joints and above In general. Psoriatic arthritis may associated with all kinds of many different symptoms. Such as pain in the feet and hands, and swelling of the fingers and the patient may feel pain in the area of the lower back.
What are the causes?
Science has proven that psoriasis mainly affects humans due to genetic and immunological factors:
Psoriasis... Is it hereditary, so the answer is that genetic factors are of great importance in increasing the incidence of psoriasis, so it was established that if one of the parents or relatives of the first degree was infected with the disease, then this increases the percentage of infection in the individual? Still, the role of factors remains Genetics is mysterious and vague, as it has been proven that there is a specific type of genetics that affects the disease. Science has been able to reach that approximately 25 types of genetic genes can cause a high incidence of psoriasis. However, it isn't necessary to infected everyone who has these genes get sick.
The cause of psoriasis is vague - as mentioned above - but it is likely to related to an immune system disorder, more specifically it has to do with what are called T cells and some types of white blood cells. It is mentioned that T cells' importance is summed up in fighting everything that enters the body from beings and foreign bodies. When it occurs, T cells work to attack against healthy cells in the body. They do so as they exercise their natural role in fighting infection and wounds, which leads to some specific responses in immunity, which is to encourage the secretion of healthy cells, many white blood cells, and T cells, which mix with the skin, causing redness.
What are the symptoms of psoriasis in the hair?
Psoriasis of the hair or seborrheic psoriasis has many symptoms and signs, including the following:
- Red, scaly patches.
- The scalp has dehydrated.
- Unusual dandruff.
- The presence of white silver scales.
- Hair loss due to itchiness.
- The presence of a desire to itch head.
What are the factors of psoriasis hair irritation?
Many causes cause psoriasis of the hair, and these are:
- Exposure to a skin injury, such as insect bites, scratches, and burns caused by sun exposure.
- A person has a deficiency in vitamin D.
- Sensations of stress and psychological pressure.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol.
- Sore throat infection.
- Transmission of skin diseases.
- Use of certain pharmaceutical drugs, such as lithium.
What is the treatment of psoriasis of hair?
Psoriasis of the hair has many types of treatment, among which are the following:
- Preparations were consisting of coal tar of all kinds, such as shampoo, soap, and ointments, as these preparations help to reduce the growth of skin cells and reduce inflammation.
- Salicylic acid, as it works to rid the body of flakes, is often found in medical shampoo.
- Steroid injections, contribute to reducing the severity of inflammation.
- The use of medical shampoo for treatment, of which there are many types, works to eliminate scaling’s that are found in the scalp.
What are the complications?
Many people ask, does psoriasis cause death? Although psoriasis is a skin disease, it may cause damage in various areas of the body, where it may cause the emergence of other diseases affected by it and those damages that it causes to the body:
- Eye disorders: One of the complications of psoriasis causes eye problems, whether for psoriasis patients or psoriatic arthritis because increased immunity works to attack several body parts, psoriasis may cause what is called eyelid inflammation. It proven that there is a ratio between 4--18% People with psoriasis also have anterior uveitis.
- Psoriatic arthritis: It is one of the types of arthritis that may impact people with psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis often precedes psoriasis. Contrast may occur with some other cases; it is worth noting that the word psoriasis may refer to the two diseases combined. According to the results of a study, psoriatic arthritis doesn't exceed 0.05-0.25%, and it should be noted that those with these two diseases are more likely to develop other diseases.
- Psychological complications: Some people with this disease can feel psychological complications. This disease makes some feel shy about their shape in front of people, which may cause them to decide in complete isolation, which may lead to depression. Still, all these complications disappear by Adhere to the advice provided by doctors and specialists.
Some other complications: Those additional complications, such as
- Metabolic syndrome: Some of the disorders that afflict a person together are high insulin levels, uncontrolled cholesterol levels, and high blood pressure. This syndrome may cause heart damage if not treated well, and psoriasis raises the risk of this syndrome, and it gets worse in the case of psoriatic arthritis, and the proportion of women with psoriasis is more vulnerable to the syndrome than men with.
- Carcinomas: Some studies shown that patients with psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis somewhat less likely to develop certain types of cancerous tumors, and those types such as lymphoma, due to the impact of infections caused by psoriasis, and may the cause is the drugs used in treatment. Therefore, everyone with psoriasis should have periodic radiation to ensure that the body is free of malignant tumors and that drugs should continued and not stopped unless under the supervision of a doctor
- Bone diseases: There is a relationship that may exist between psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, and bone dysfunction, especially in patients with low bone tissue and fragility, like psoriatic arthritis, and the resulting chronic inflammation may spoil the process of bone destruction and construction.
- Other autoimmune diseases: the disease helps raise the incidence of other autoimmune diseases, and studies have shown that the likelihood of infection with other autoimmune diseases doubles more in psoriasis than in healthy people. Some research has shown that there is a relationship between psoriasis and inflammation psoriasis, and inflammatory bowel diseases are other autoimmune diseases.
- The ability to hear: where science has shown that there is a relationship between psoriatic arthritis and damage to the inner ear, which leads to an impact on the ability of a person to hear.
complications related to heart
- Vascular and heart diseases: When severe ones or psoriatic arthritis increases, this increases the risk of vascular and cardiac disorders. It should noted that the elimination of psoriasis reduces the incidence of these diseases.
- High blood pressure: Some studies have shown that patients with psoriasis have elevated rates of angiotensin and the converting enzyme. They play a significant role in high blood pressure, so increasing their rate raises the rate of high blood pressure.
Complications related to liver and kidney
- Kidney diseases: Psoriasis, starting from the middle to severe levels, increases the incidence of kidney disease. Some drugs that used to treat psoriasis may harm the kidneys unless used in moderation and under the supervision of a doctor.
- Liver disease: Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis can raise the rate of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. And this disease will keep a large amount of fat inside the liver.
Complications related to obesity and diabetes
- Diabetes second-degree diabetes: Psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis helps raise the risk of developing second-degree diabetes. And the more severe psoriasis, the higher this percentage.
- Obesity: Science has not reached the truth about the relationship between psoriasis and obesity. But it has concluded that there is a link between psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, and obesity. Some research has shown that it may increase obesity. While other research has shown that people with obesity are prone to Great for specific types of psoriasis. As weight loss significantly reduces the symptoms.
complications related to skin
- An imbalance in the body's heat system: As the skin is one of the body's organs that is important in protecting the temperature and keeping it in its normal position. Thereforef the skin infected with any disease, it won't be able to perform its functions fully, and certain types of psoriasis may impair the body's ability to control temperature, which may adversely affect other organs.
- Skin color change: This occurs with hyperpigmentation or its lack. Hyperpigmentation is the presence of dark spots in the skin, while its lack is the presence of light patches in the skin. And those spots become more evident on the skin of people with dark skin. This problem takes a lot of time to disappear, and it is also possible to develop the disease with scarring. Which has an effect that lasts longer than that of hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation.
How do we treat this disease and its complications?
Some instructions adhere to the decrease in the rate of increased psoriasis episodes and the pathological complications they cause. These instructions are:
- Frequent visits to a dermatologist when feeling symptoms, especially when feeling pain in the joints.
- Stay away from everything that causes sunburn. As those burns lead to a disease or worsening the condition of the infected person.
- Refraining from shaving during the disease, as the health condition deteriorates.
- Avoid as much as possible from skin wounds and insect stings.
- Adhere to the physician's instructions and take the recommended drugs to eliminate the case.
Avoid all that triggers psoriasis, including these guidelines:
- Stay away from all that stimulates the skin.
- Managing feelings of anxiety.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Seek a physician's help if the side effects of some medical drugs occur.
- Not to abstain from using treatment suddenly.
- Use light therapy devices carefully to avoid burning.
- Take care to treat wounds to prevent infection.
Refrain from itching of the area with psoriasis, so that the condition doesn’t deteriorate. This can replaced by using cold bandages, using medicinal drugs recommended by the doctor. And using a daily lotion to clean the skin every day.
Adhering to a healthy lifestyle to reduce complications from psoriasis, the most important of which are heart diseases, as follows:
- Commitment to exercise for a period of no less than half an hour every day for most days of the week.
- Control feelings of emotional stress and try to avoid exposure to the events causing it.
- Take care to get healthy, useful food, such as fruits and vegetables, and reduce the intake of fast food. While reducing the eating of foods that contain fat.
What are the effects of psoriasis on a pregnant woman?
Many women ask, does psoriasis prevent pregnancy? The answer is that it doesn't affect a woman's ability to bear children. Scientists haven’t reached the relationship of psoriasis with any kind of congenital disabilities that appear on the fetus. A study has found that women with severe this disease of women. Are more likely to give birth to a child with a lower weight when compared to women without the disease. In contrast, those with this disease with a slight degree aren’t equally dangerous. The most significant risk lies in the use of the treatment during pregnancy. There are some drugs for its treatment that cause congenital disabilities in the fetus or cause miscarriage. So it should avoided.