Acne (acne vulgaris)
Acne and its treatment is a prominent problem for many people, and it is one of the diseases that afflict the skin chronically, and one of the most important causes of acne is the blockage of hair follicles with dead cells of the skin and skin oils.
Moreover, and the disease characterized by the presence of white or blackheads on the skin, and its impact lies mostly on places of the skin, which contains many sebaceous glands, is more present in the face, back and chest areas and the disease may cause blisters to appear on the skin, and acne for girls is a big problem, as it affects the psychological state of the affected person, as it causes a state of self-acceptance.
It may develop into a situation of depression and suicidal tendencies, and the cause of acne is hereditary in nearly 80% of those infected, and it is worth noting that personal hygiene not considered one of the causes of acne, as the androgen hormone is one of the leading reasons of the emergence of acne, where it works To increase the secretion of fat transplants on the skin, which necessitates the use of acne treatments for oily skin.
There is more than one cause for acne, and these include:
- Hormonal reasons: where the appearance of acne increases among those who are going through the adolescent period, due to the rise in the secretion of hormones in that period, as young people, in general, produce their own androgenic amounts in large quantities, whereas males in particular, androgens have testosterone, which would stimulate the skin secretion of fatty substances.
- Incorrect food system: some research has shown that some foods contribute to acne, like ones that include carbohydrates and skim milk and that some sweets also have a role in increasing the appearance of acne, such as chocolate.
- Developing bacteria on the skin: the clump of fats on the skin causes hair follicles to become clogged, especially in the areas of the chest, face, neck, and back, which leads to the emergence of a fertile environment for the formation of bacteria, resulting in the appearance of white or blackheads on the skin.
- Contraceptive methods: Contraceptive methods may cause acne in a group of women, while it may prevent its appearance and reduce it in another category. One of the most prominent methods of contraception that increases the incidence of acne is a contraceptive injection.
- The use of cosmetic products that incorporate oils in their composition.
- Menstruation in women.
- Tension and anxiety.
- Genetic genetics.
- Using steroids.
We talk here about acne, and its types, among them, are:
- Pink acne: it appears especially in the area of the face, and tends to turn red, and takes the form of rashes.
- Medicinal acne: It occurs as a result of using a specific drug or refraining from using it.
- Ordinary acne: it is the most common and common species, and it appears in adolescents, and the most vulnerable places are the shoulders, chest, and face.
- Raging acne: It is a very severe type, and some call it a sudden.
- Smallpox acne: It appears due to the use of unclean razors or incorrectly shaving, and it is in the form of a rash on the skin.
- Chlorine acne: It is due to dealing with substances that contain hydrocarbons. Cosmetic acne: Females get it as a result of using cosmetics that made of chemicals or poorly made materials, or that the skin itself sensitive to these products.
- Precocious acne: It is a cluster with many grains and may remain on the face for many years.
- Cystic acne
- Hormonal acne
Acne causes some effects on the skin. These effects vary according to the nature of each body, and it's a response to it, as its effects vary among people. There are people whose response is from the type of secondary reaction against inflammation. That type of person is those who develop the appearance of signs. Some people respond to their bodies in a unilateral response against inflammation. This group often does not suffer from the effects of acne, and their skin remains pure. As for the types of effects of acne, they are as follows:
- Scars in the form of rounded pits: This type of effect is characterized by the severity of its limbs, as they appear as plateaus, as they rise and fall on the skin.
- Scars in the form of flicks: the injury of this type is due to the lack of a sufficient amount of collagen in the body in case of skin injury or infection. It is one of the most severe forms of acne disease in terms of finding the appropriate treatment, and this type appears in the form of small-sized pits, Similar to the snow smash tool's effects on snow.
- Pigmentation effects: These effects are often caused by acne infections, and are dark spots.
- Scars similar to the effects caused by chickenpox: These scars appear when the body does not produce enough collagen in the period of recovery from acne, and these scars are in the form of pits with great depth in the skin.
- Mixed scars: Mixed scars are the case in many acne cases, as acne effects are not always limited to a single form, but are varied.
Treatment to get rid of acne based on reducing the production of milky juice and oily substances and increasing the rate of skin regeneration. The time it takes to treat acne may take several years and may decrease to several months. There are two ways to get rid of this annoying disease. Whether by resorting to a dermatologist or by itself, mild cases of acne require only the most straightforward methods. Such as caring for skin cleanliness daily using a skin-cleaning product and challenging cases to need drugs. So you should consult a doctor and some types of acne treatment:
- Topical treatment: It is the ointments used to treat that skin disease. Which contributes to rid the skin of milky sap and fatty substances, and kills germs, and rids the body of dead skin, and these ointments are a good result in the case of simple pills.
- Medicinal drugs: If these ointments do not bear fruit, then drug drugs must be used, and a dermatologist must be consulted to consult with him. As these drugs help to encourage the process of skin cell regeneration, and reduce the clogging of hair follicles with fat, and there are types of drug drugs It would kill germs that are found on the skin. These include:
- Laser acne treatment.
- Oral prevention treatments.
- Antibiotic use.
- Cosmetic treatment, whether by peeling the skin with chemicals or scraping the dermis.
- In the event of the elimination of pimples, the patient may need to continue to adhere to the drug drugs, until they are eliminated, and there are some ways of how to remove acne.
Treating the effects of acne
To treat the effects of acne are of two types:
- Medical treatment.
- Natural therapy.
The medical treatment
Many medical methods contribute strongly to getting rid of acne effects, and the most prominent of these methods:
- Resort to using silicon: As silicon, sheets can eliminate the existing scars, and that is by applying fat using silicon in the areas where the pills are located daily in the evening, and then washed every morning using a mild detergent for a few weeks.
- Use of glycolic acid or salicylic acid: These acids are present in a large number of skin-specific preparations such as creams, as they act as powerful exfoliators to contribute to the elimination of dead skin cells.
- Use of a cortisone cream: These creams will contribute to reducing skin infections and help in recovering from these infections, but with the need to ask the doctor about the appropriate type of cortisone creams. The cream is used by applying it to the affected areas of the skin and adhering to the written instructions on the packaging to find out the correct way to use it.
- The use of Fillers injection for treatment: As acne may cause permanent openings in the skin that are difficult to treat, therefore, Filler injections can fill these gaps for a temporary period, and the patient must reuse them at intervals of 4-6 months.
- The use of skin-lightening creams: There are a large number of skin-opening creams without consulting a doctor. These creams will give the skin a light color, as kojic acid and arbutin enter into the composition of these creams, in addition to the berry extract, and vitamin C, where it works These ingredients impart a light color to the skin without damaging it.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels hide the scars caused by acne. It mainly focuses on a type of concentrated acidic solution to be applied to the skin, burning the surface skin layers. New skin layers are produced beneath them, but the doctor must be asked before proceeding with chemical peels.
Some natural recipes will treat the effects of acne, the most prominent of which are:
Avocado, honey, and cocoa recipe
Both Avocado and honey consist of the strongest mask in eliminating the effects of acne. Avocado includes vitamin C, which stimulates collagen, supports the skin's health, and contains anti-bacterial elements; this mask helps to treat dry skin. It eliminates acne-causing bacteria. For honey, it is filled with elements that act as an anti-inflammatory and reduces the inflammation that results from the presence of pimples. The method of preparing the recipe is as follows:
- Avocado with two mashed fruits.
- Raw honey with one tablespoon of enormous size.
- Cocoa powder, one tablespoon of enormous size.
- Mix ingredients together in a small bowl.
- The mixture applied to the face, remaining on it for a third of an hour.
- The face washed with warm water, then moisturize.
- The mixture reused at least once a week.
Laser acne treatment
The treatment carried out by moving the light of the laser device on the affected area. As the device damages the skin cells from the outside, taking care not to use the laser with very strong radiation. So as not to damage the inner layers of the skin.
The types of laser devices used in the treatment vary. Perhaps the most common is: Treatment using fractional laser. Which would send the radiation without damaging the skin, then the doctor wipe the face with an anesthetic, and divide the face into parts. And the doctor assigns the amount of laser strength based on the required depth and severity of the pimples on the skin, and after this step completed the doctor apply the face moisturizing and soothing creams.
Those creams used more than once throughout the day, and some sessions held to note the progress in the health of the skin. Progress often begins to appear after the third session, and treatment usually wholly completed after the passage of approximately 10 sessions, and it should note that Laser acne treatment is a double-edged sword, as it has its advantages and disadvantages, which we will mention in the following lines:
- Smoothing the skin.
- Reducing the pigment melanin, which results in the presence of spots.
- Eliminate the effects of acne on the skin.
- Disadvantages of laser acne treatment
- It takes a long time to cure.
- Despite the benefits of laser treatment, some burns can occur at the site of injury.
- He needs a specialist dermatologist.
- Sometimes the laser causes skin pigmentation.
- It causes you to stop leaving home during the daytime.
- High cost.
- It causes red skin.
Girl’s acne problem
Young girls' acne is a significant obstacle to their effects on the face. The girl may lose her self-confidence, as girls are always known for their high-quality care for their beauty. The girl with acne may feel weak confidence, and the matter may develop into depression due to a lack of self-acceptance, and it deteriorates until thinking about suicide.
Cystic acne is large red spots that cause pain, usually inflamed under the skin, and is somewhat difficult to treat. Because there are no heads to it, it is possible to remain under the skin for a month if not treated well and may cause scarring where it is infected. The places of infection are the arms, shoulders, chest, face, and back, and there are several factors involved in it, namely:
- Feeling of stress can increase the level of the androgen hormone, which in turn stimulates the pills.
- Eating unhealthy foods and fast food that contain many fats that cause harm to the skin, in addition to excessive intake of sugars, especially chocolate, with the body does not get enough water.
The changes that occur in hormones. Especially at the age of adolescence. Where the rate of sebum secretion. Which is the substance concerned with oily skin, leads to inflammation of the sebaceous glands and causing them to swell. And then cut, which leads to the appearance of cystic acne. And the difficulty lies in treating this type of acne. Its treatment takes a period, and it requires effort and patience, as the pills under the surface of the skin make the task of topical drugs difficult in that situation.
Still, the steps taken to treat cystic acne are as follows:
- Use a soothing lotion and keep away from any severe lotion. This type causes dry skin, which makes the situation worse.
- Doing daily skin peeling using one of the products that salicylic acid enters into its components to eliminate dead skin cells and purify the pores of the skin.
- Adhere to a diluted moisturizer to moisturize the skin while avoiding concentrated moisturizers that block the skin's pores.
- A dermatologist can authorize the use of corticosteroid injections in case of cystic acne to reduce the incidence of infections and prevent scars. Some dermatologists recommend using peroxide benzoyl to eliminate the type of bacteria that result in acne.
- If you don't find the previous solutions. The last solution is to resort to a doctor specializing in skin diseases, as he can suggest an appropriate treatment to eliminate the problem.
Hormonal acne and its causes
The incidence of hormonal acne due to changes in body hormones, and is not limited to the time of adolescence. Still, all people of all ages exposed to the appearance of this type of acne. The incidence of hormonal acne increases in the female category more than in the male category. Among the most critical factors in this type of acne, include:
- Menstrual time: when it is the estrogen and progesterone hormones responsible for developing hormonal acne. And it reported that these hormones undergo a significant change at that time, leading to the presence of those pills.
- Malfunctioning testosterone: Males are also at risk of hormonal acne. If there are disorders in the level of testosterone. Then an increase in the rate of testosterone that required would cause hormonal changes that cause hormonal acne.
- Menstrual cycle stops: These pills often found between the ages of 20-40 years. But they can reappear in the post-menopausal period, characterized by hormonal changes.
- Increased feelings of tension: The percentage of the hormone cortisol in the body increases with feelings of anxiety. This hormone called the stress hormone, which leads to acne hormonal acne.
- Pregnancy or childbirth: The injury caused by hormonal changes in the woman at that time; the pimples are located in the facial area.
Symptoms of hormonal acne
Some signs can tell that the pimples on the face are related to hormones, and these include:
- That the pills found once per month: The explanation is that the visible pills are nothing. But a hormonal change that occurs at the same time every month. Just like the menstrual time in females.
- Skipping adolescence: acne often found in youth. As it may appear again after that age has passed, which means that those pimples appear due to hormones.
- Exposure to a state of severe stress before the pills found: The hormone cortisol, famous for the stress hormone. Affects most of the other hormones in the body. Which results in the presence of pills, and the feeling of stress or anxiety raises the percentage of cortisol. Which leads to the emergence of tablets.
Means of protection from hormonal acne
- Obtaining foods that contain probiotics: these foods have a strong impact on the location of bacteria. And yeast living in the skin. Which helps to achieve a balance between the skin and the pH, the most important of which is yogurt.
- Skin hygiene care: excess fat usually eliminated.
- Maintaining moderate hormones in the body: This should be by using healthy food, such as avocado, pomegranate, and carrots.